= $resume[Title] ?>
The Open University
(2014 - 2019)
BSc (Hons) Computing & IT, Upper Second ClassSpecialities included:
- Software architecture, design, and engineering;
- Interaction design and the user experience;
- Testing, maintenance, and continuous integration;
- Platform-independent development with Java and Python.
Thesis: Developing a desktop application to facilitate job tracking for IT technicians.
Advisor: Dr. Tim Coughlan.
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies
(2012 - 2014)
BTEC Creative Media Production (Video Game Design)Instruction included:
- Designing and developing video games and related tools;
- Artistic development and graphical design;
- Agile methodologies, Scrum, use of Jira and Confluence;
- Marketing strategy and creative writing;
- Ethical and legal considerations.
Major Project: Cross-platform entertainment product development driven by Unreal Engine.
Advisor: Peter Salt.
Magen David Studios
(2018 - Present)
Freelance software engineering and web developmentServices include:
- Project management and product development for clients of various sizes;
- Java, PHP, C#, and Perl back-end and desktop development;
- Client interaction and brand design;
- Hosting (IIS, FreeBSD, NGINX/Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and WordPress services.
P.C. Station, Limited
(2012 - Present)
IT Consultant and Senior TechnicianResponsibilities include:
- Planning and designing system and network structures for clients;
- Maintaining company systems and performing on-site maintenance work for clients;
- Managing existing technical staff and relevant infrastructure for the wider company;
- Develop and maintain company website and internal resources;
- Formerly CS manager, CS representative, and warehouse staff.
Legendary Games, Limited
- Participated in alpha and beta testing of a video game as work experience during college.
> 10,000 SLOC: Java, HTML, CSS;
< 1,000 SLOC: Python, C, C++, Clojure, Scala, Swift.
Managers: NPM, Maven, Ant, CPAN, REPL, Leiningen;
Creative: JMonkeyEngine, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, Unreal Engine;
Editors: Spacemacs, Vim, Sublime Text, Apache NetBeans.
Frameworks and Platforms
Frameworks: Swing/AWT, JavaFX, WordPress, Bootstrap, Vue.js;
Platforms: macOS, FreeBSD, Windows;
Hosting: NGINX, Apache, IIS, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
Associations and Memberships
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation;
Member, The Chartered Institute for IT;
Regular donor, Apache Software Foundation;
Regular donor, FreeBSD Foundation.
Writing and Popular Articles
Using Barrier to control multiple PCs with one keyboard and mouse for GNU/Linux, Windows, macOS;
Producing a multilingual Server Side Includes page;
The basic structure of a FORTRAN program;
Configuring FreeBSD for desktop usage with Window Maker;
How to annex puppets in Hearts of Iron IV.