I like to call myself a software engineer. I am passionate about high-quality, well designed software and websites. I use FreeBSD and macOS, Vim and GNU Emacs, smart tabs and OTBS. I have a blog where I write about video games and technology.
See my résumé below for programming languages and more details.
My portfolio below showcases some of the projects I am most proud of. Visit my projects page to see a more comprehensive list of projects that I have worked on.
You can email me at (my first name at this domain name). My current public GPG key is here. I will encrypt any reply to your email if your message is encrypted. Learn more about email encryption here. I do not reply on Shabbat.
For a comprehensive list of personal projects that I have created or worked on, visit my projects page.
Read Business Solutions, LLC
A modern website designed and developed for an independent bookkeeping company based in Maine, USA.
- Framework(s): Bootstrap 4
- Visit the site
Innovation Enterprises, LLC
A WooCommerce powered web store for an independent, organic and sustainable family farm based in Indiana, USA.
- Language(s): HTML, CSS, PHP
- Platform(s): WordPress, WooCommerce
- Visit the site
A simple JDA Discord bot used by a Cyber Nations alliance to extend some functions of their forum to their Discord server.
- Language(s): Java, SQL
- Licence: BSD 3-Clause
- GitHub Repository
The Open University
(2014 - 2019)
BSc (Hons) Computing & IT
- Web, cloud, and mobile technologies;
- Software design and engineering;
- Interaction design and the user experience;
- Platform-independent development with Java.
Confetti Institute of
(2012 - 2014)
BTEC Creative Media Production (Video Game Design)
- Designing and developing video games;
- Agile methodologies, Scrum;
- Marketing strategy and creative writing;
- Ethical and legal considerations.
Magen David Studios
(2018 - Present)
Freelance web development & software engineering
- HTML 5 & CSS 3/4 responsive development;
- Client interaction and brand design;
- Bootstrap low-JS websites and WordPress services;
- Hosting (IIS, cPanel/WHM) experience.
- Participated in alpha testing of video game as work experience for college diploma.
PC Station Ltd
(2012 - 2017)
Webmaster and Customer Service Representative
- Developed and maintained the company website;
- CS overhaul to increase ticket throughput and improve response times.
Technologies & Interests
(Advanced) Java, HTML, CSS, SSI
(Intermediate) Perl, PHP, FORTRAN
(Beginner) C, C++, Clojure, Scala
Spacemacs, NetBeans, Xcode, Sublime Text
Swing/AWT, JavaFX, Spring Boot, Bootstrap
macOS, Windows 7 & 8.1, FreeBSD, Slackware
Art & Games
Unreal Engine, JMonkeyEngine, Photoshop, Maya
Blogging & Writing
Some of my more popular articles:
- Gaming: How to annex puppets in Hearts of Iron IV (35,000+ impressions);
- Tutorial: Using Barrier to control multiple PCs with one keyboard and mouse for GNU/Linux, Windows, macOS (15,000+ impressions);
- Tutorial: Producing a multilingual Server Side Includes page for Apache, NGINX, IIS (1,000+ impressions);
- Explanatory: The basic structure of a FORTRAN program (1,000+ impressions);
- Tutorial: Configuring FreeBSD for desktop usage with Window Maker (1,000+ impressions).
Some of my favourite tech-related books:
- Free as in Freedom: Richard Stallman's Crusade for Free Software by Sam Williams;
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar: Musings on Linux and Open Source by an Accidental Revolutionary by Eric S. Raymond;
- Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction by Jenny Preece, Helen Sharp, and Yvonne Rogers;
- Calendrical Calculations: The Ultimate Edition by Edward M. Reingold and Nachum Dershowitz;
- Clojure for the Brave and True by Daniel Higginbotham.
Organisations, projects and platforms that I appreciate.